BioMarin Caregiver Website
Mobile & Web: UI / Interaction Design
My Role: Product Designer | Timeline: 4 months | Project: Caregiver website
Team: 3 Designers, 1 UX Director, 1 ACD | Tools Used: Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Invision DSM, Zeplin
BioMarin is a Pharmaceutical company dedicated to providing information about genetic testing for children with epilepsy. Studies show that a majority of caregivers are unaware or do not understand the underlying causes of their child’s seizures.
Our team was tasked with developing a new website to educate caregivers about genetic testing, uncovering the cause of their child’s seizures, and offering more precise treatment and management options.
What I Worked On:
- Helped design a responsive website targeted towards caregivers of child epilepsy patients.
- Updated design system and style guide to include typography, colors, and components.
- Designed the interaction/tap states for all global icons and buttons on web and mobile.
- Selected the page animations and documented how animations would appear in Zeplin.
- Worked with editorial team to flow in new copy changes throughout the design process.
- Worked with developer to QA the staging site prior to going live.
Home: What Caused Epilepsy?
Section 2: Why Get a Gene Panel?
Section 3: Support for Your Family
Section 4: Take Action
Section 5: Questions
Section 6: Footer
Email Share Pop-Up
Leaving Site Pop-Up
Results / Next Steps:
The results was a responsive one page website designed to educate caregivers on genetic testing.